Sunday, August 23, 2009

I want to know so many things (alternate) [9/22/09 @ 4:09 PM]

Does the sky lay dormant
Stewing in its own blue
When no one's looking out the window?
There are too many people
Looking out the window
For the world to ever know.

Do the beds in hotels
Leap up and dance
When no one is snoring in their quilts?
Too many people are not at home
For the world to ever know.

Do the people here abandon politics and kiss
When they set aside their spite?
The people in this town are too full of hate
For them to ever know.

Does my mother sit down and cry at night
When she begs God to save my soul?
The walls are too thick between my mother and I
So I will never know.

This is the first version. The current one is happier, and worded better. I still like the last verse, even if it is depressing...

No comments:

Post a Comment